Title VI Training Test
Tennessee Office of Criminal Justice Programs - Title VI Program Training
Please answer all questions. Ten correct answers are required to show Title VI competency and to receive a certificate of completion.
Please enter the following information:
OCJP Program Manager
Title VI Training Questions
Please refer to the PowerPoint Training located on the OCJP home page.
Multiple Choice Questions:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, states that no person in the United States shall be excluded from participation in any programs, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination based on what?
d. Race, Color or National Origin
2) How should an OCJP sub-recipient disseminate Title VI information to the public?
a. Website and Poster
c. Minority Community Newspaper, Radio and Television
d. All of the Above
3) Who is a Limited English Proficient Person?
a. A person who does not speak English as their primary language and has the limited ability to speak, write or understand English
b. A person from the United States that cannot read
c. A person who does not speak English at all
d. Answers A and C
4) What is Non-Compliance?
a. Assuring Title VI compliance is met
b. Failure or refusal to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
c. Putting Title VI Nondiscrimination language in contracts
d. None of the Above
5) How does an entity evaluate its current Limited English Proficiency Practices?
a. Identify actions already being taken and existing tools that can be used to provide meaningful access
b. Inventory existing materials that have been translated into other languages
c. Staff Awareness and Response Plan
d. All of the Above
TRUE or FALSE Questions:
6) Sub-recipients are required to have a Title VI Coordinator.
7) Sub-Recipients are required to provide Title VI training to all new employees and periodic training to current employees.
8) Sub-recipients must have a mechanism for advising service recipients of their rights under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and how to file a discrimination complaint.
9) Title VI complaint procedures are required for sub-recipients only if they have had a complaint.
10) The inclusion of minorities on boards is critical in establishing an equal access oversight system.
Please double check that all 10 questions have been answered before the declaration and submission of this traning quiz.
I declare that this training/test was completed by the Project Director of the entity receiving federal financial assistance from the Office of Criminal Justice Programs (OCJP).
Type Name and Date Below
All questions must be answered before submitting this quiz. Be sure to print this training quiz
clicking submit. Your agency is responsible for tracking Title VI training information in your grant file(s).